Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ginakra  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2010 5:59:39 PM(UTC)
ginakra

Groups: Registered

I was wondering if someone could help me with my oven? The problem first started when I would turn the oven on, it would begin to heat up, and then beep a few times giving me an F3 error. It would then shut off. Sometimes I could turn it back on and it would begin to heat up again and be fine. Sometimes it would shut back off again several times.

I called the Sears repair man, and he told me I needed to replace the clock/control panel. We ordered the parts, and my husband proceeded to install the parts, but now we've got big problems, lol!

The clock/control panel works, meaning that the lights come on and you can press the buttons and they say that the oven is heating up to the temperature that you set it for. However, the burners do not warm up nor does the oven heat up.

This is an electric range with a glass top, slide in. The burners worked fine before installing the new control panel. The broiler also worked, But now doesn't.

My husband has looked for anything that didn't get connected correctly, and any loose wires but says that there's nothing there he can find. Does anyone have any idea what could have come loose or what we could have done to keep the entire oven from heating up? Thanks in advance.

Gina
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2010 2:39:55 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
911 is a Roper which looks like GE made it.

I will not be able to find tech info on it as GE likes to keep most everything a secret.
Looking at a general listing of GE error codes F3 looks like a temperature sensor problem. So the original problem could be the control board, the temp sensor or a bad connection to the temp sensor.

Your current problem sounds like a power problem.
The elements require 240 volts where as the control/lights use half the line (120 volts).
Try flipping the breaker off/on slowly a couple times, sometimes you can loose half the line without actually tripping the breaker.
If this does nothing, check the voltage at the plug
L1 to L2 should be 240 volts
L1 to Neutral and L2 to Neutral, both should be 120 volts.
If OK
Unplug the unit and check the wires at the terminal strip in the machine to make sure none are loose or burned out
If OK
Check the power at the terminal strip.
Be careful as 240 volts is lethal !!!

Some units do have a circuit beaker/fuse in the 240 line but I cannot say if this unit has one, perhaps someone else will jump in who knows this.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
ginakra  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2010 5:50:36 AM(UTC)
ginakra

Groups: Registered

Thank you! Yes we actually bought a temperature sensor but my husband could not get the cord out enough to finish the install, so I called repair hoping he could install, but he thought it was control panel (dubious about that, but whatevs).

Anyway, I'm not sure if we have the tool we need to follow your direction, I'll forward to my husband and come back. Thanks so much for your help I appreciate it!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply