Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
workpot  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2008 1:38:48 PM(UTC)
workpot

Groups: Registered

Freestanding electric oven/stove

Kenmore/Roper

Model: 911.9554591

Fault code: None

Oven and stove seem to work fine, the problem is with the clock/timer. Tried turning the breaker off and then back on and when it comes on it beeps intermittently and the the clock blinks, but neither seem to be at full power. The beeping can hardly be heard at all, and the the clock is so dim I have to cup my hands around it to read it. When I touch any other buttons nothing happens, except when I touch the hour or minute buttons, the beeping changes to one continuous beep.

Of course I don’t want to put anything into this old unit, but I don’t want to replace it yet either. We look forward to remodeling in the next year or so. So my questions are not only how to fix it, but if it is too much, how can I disconnect the clock/timer so it stops beeping until it is replaced? I can live with the blinking, but not the beeping.

Thanks-Rob
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.