Discuss

Loud Pop now oven doesn't work

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

I have checked both elements with a meter and they are fine, so I guess I'm looking at the control

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » Loud Pop now oven doesn't work

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 04:46 PM

fozie9 is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have checked both elements with a meter and they are fine, so I guess I'm looking at the control panel, although everything on the display works, it even indicates the oven is on, but I guess there are modules on the board that control power to the elements.

Thanks for the continued help.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 02-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

kayakcrzy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozie9 View Post
I have checked both elements with a meter and they are fine, so I guess I'm looking at the control panel, although everything on the display works, it even indicates the oven is on, but I guess there are modules on the board that control power to the elements.

Thanks for the continued help.
If the elements are good, you need to replace the clock control. Tom ******************************************** - Parts
Old 02-02-2010, 01:05 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

denman is a name known to all

Looking at the parts list, looks like the control board is obsolete.

You will have to phone or email AppliancePartsPros to see if it is available.

If not there are companies that repair circuit boards/timers.
I have never used one so cannot make a recommendation perhaps kayakcrzy can. Also I do not know what they charge.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:35 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by denman View Post
Looking at the parts list, looks like the control board is obsolete.

You will have to phone or email AppliancePartsPros to see if it is available.

If not there are companies that repair circuit boards/timers.
I have never used one so cannot make a recommendation perhaps kayakcrzy can. Also I do not know what they charge.
I too found the part no longer exists. You could send the clock to these people here at this link low cost appliance parts for the do-it-yourselfer They can rebuild it for you. Tom www.applianceeducastor.com
Old 02-02-2010, 05:36 PM

borgli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakcrzy View Post
I too found the part no longer exists. You could send the clock to these people here at this link low cost appliance parts for the do-it-yourselfer They can rebuild it for you. Tom www.applianceeducastor.com
O.K.Now I realize why is so hard to find answer to these questions about the clock.New part costs CAD $339.00 and they dont have it in their inventory,so 3-4 days for delivery.New range is 749.00 so I'm picking one up.I'm sure everyone else does the same thing.Feel bad to throw it in the garbage since everything else on it works good and it looks like new.

Last edited by borgli : 02-02-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:12 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by borgli View Post
O.K.Now I realize why is so hard to find answer to these questions about the clock.New part costs CAD $339.00 and they dont have it in their inventory,so 3-4 days for delivery.New range is 749.00 so I'm picking one up.I'm sure everyone else does the same thing.Feel bad to throw it in the garbage since everything else on it works good and it looks like new.
That is how it goes. For that cost, O would buy a new stove too. Tom ********************************************
Old 04-12-2014, 05:03 AM

Texantaylors is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

I had the exact thing just happen except I wasn't even using the stove or oven. It just popped and all the electricity went out. Now the oven doesn't work. The light and convection fan run. The time works. Some of the numbers to set timer or temp don't work either. Why would it do that if not even being used?
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.