Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Daryl66  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 13, 2008 7:28:22 PM(UTC)
Daryl66

Groups: Registered

My problem is 2 fold. 1st the LED's on the clock panel quit however all of the control functions worked for almost a year, except the "broil". Dont know when it quite but all at once we could not broil.Would not heat. Then I started having trouble getting the "bake" function to work. Seemed you had to push real hard on the membrane switch to get it started. I replaced the clock yesterday and it now lights up great however all of the functions on the left side do not work. ie: bake, broil, clean,. The right side seems to work fine. "oven light" etc.

I then put the old clock back in and the led(s) still did not work and now the left side of the control panel does not work either. My first thought was the membrane switches, but after looking at the wiring diagram I now suspect relay(s). Your input is appreciated.

Daryl:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2008 2:17:18 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Daryl66 Go to Quoted Post
...I replaced the clock yesterday and it now lights up great however all of the functions on the left side do not work. ie: bake, broil, clean,. The right side seems to work fine. "oven light" etc...

Daryl:confused:

Daryl,

If no buttons respond (did not even "beep") - most likely the problem is a bad membrane switch.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Jenn Air range Model SVE47600B

Gene.
Daryl66  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2008 4:04:42 PM(UTC)
Daryl66

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Daryl,

If no buttons respond (did not even "beep") - most likely the problem is a bad membrane switch.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Jenn Air range Model SVE47600B

Gene.

Gene: Thank you for your reply. The Membrane switch(s??) was my first thought and I have to admit that over the years the "Bake" and "Broil" were the only ones used. The convection oven functions were never or rarely used to my knowledge.

There is NO beep on ANY of the 5 buttons. The "timer lock" and "unlock" do beep and appear to function.

Not having a clue as to how this panel is constructed is it logical to think that 5 individual switches have failed??? or is there some commonality that you are aware of????:confused:

Daryl
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 15, 2008 7:27:49 PM(UTC)
Gene

Daryl,

If the membrane switch (aka touch pad or control panel) ribbon is plugged all the way into the control board (aka clock) then the problem is a bad membrane switch.

Gene.
Daryl66  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 15, 2008 8:30:50 PM(UTC)
Daryl66

Gene:

Found a repair manual and it sure looks like the ribbon cable at one end or the other is the culprit. Will try digging into it tomorrow. If I cannot repair it guess I will have to order a new control panel. Thanks

Daryl
Gene  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 15, 2008 8:35:38 PM(UTC)
Gene

Daryl,

Keep us posted.

Gene.
Daryl66  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2008 10:51:57 AM(UTC)
Daryl66

Gene: Well good news and bad news. The good news is I have confirmed(at least in my mind) that the #3 wire is broken, probably up in the touch pad. I jumpered (using the old clock) from 3 to 10 and sure enuff I got the beep. I cannot see any way to get into that panel. It appears that it is put together with a rubberized cement then baked or something like that. I guess the bad news is I now have to spring for the new control panel.

Many thanks.

Daryl
Daryl66  
#8 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2008 12:29:12 PM(UTC)
Daryl66

New Membrane touch control pad arrived and installed. Everything works. Many thanks for your help

Daryl
Gene  
#9 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2008 10:05:32 PM(UTC)
Gene

I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply