Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
broseed  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2010 2:17:44 PM(UTC)
broseed

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I purchased a home which had a kitchen remodel done back in late 2002. I have a Viking oven VGS0166 which seems to heat up fine but I noticed it does not maintain temperature well. The door seal appears to be in good shape.

I notice that a LOT of heat escapes through the oven vents just above the oven door. I looked inside the oven and there are 2 large holes on the top of each side of the oven measuring about 5" wide and 1.5" deep. They are on the front edge of the oven. These holes go out straight through the oven vent covers. If i stick my fingers up the holes, I can see them through the vent. I'm thinking this can't possible be correct? It's extremely hot when the oven is "at temperature". I feel like these holes need to be closed somehow?

Furthermore, in one of the holes right by the exit through the oven vent, there appears to be a temperature sensor hovering there.

Is this a correct setup? I don't see any mechanical way to control the vent openings? I can't let my toddler in the kitchen since it's way too hot around these oven vents and I always have to add 10 degrees of heat to get the right temperature.

Am I crazy or am I missing something?

Thanks for any help!

-Dylan
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.