Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dibenjo  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2010 12:07:34 PM(UTC)
dibenjo

Groups: Registered

My Jenn-Air DOuble Oven is displaying the error code ''FR'' when trying to use the lower oven and won't heat up.

The upper oven works half the time. Sometines the heating element comes on and turns red and works fine, and sometimes the heating element won't come on and the digital display show 100 degrees. When the upper oven won't come on, we hear a faint, high pitched squeal.

I pulled up a copy of the Service Manual on the internet, and it only says that the problem for the FR code is "Second Oven Error Sensed." Duh? In the next column it says to 1 "Check Sensor and Harness," and 2, Replace Second Oven Board.

Can anybody help answer the following questions please?

1.) What and how do I check the Oven Sensor? How do I know if it is bad or not? Where is it located? The manual does not discuss this, nor does it show its location.

2.) What and how do I check the Harness, and how do I know if it is bad or not. Further, where is it located as the Service Manual does not discuss this, nor does it show its location.

3.) Can the problem with the second oven board be the cause of the problem with the upper oven? Do I need to replace both boards? How can I tell if/which board(s) are bad?

Please help if you can. I need to order parts ASAP as my wife is refusing to cook any meals until I get the probalem resolved. Thx. :) :) :) :eek:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.