Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
turbomutt  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2008 12:58:31 PM(UTC)
turbomutt

Groups: Registered

Apparently the ignition module for my Hardwick stove top has quit working. The module is a Harper-Wyman Kool Lite Model 6520. Any suggestions on a replacement since I have been unable to find one? Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 1, 2008 12:30:29 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
If this is a spark module with the two input and the two output terminals, you can use the spark module made by Frigidaire (best price!) with the part number AP2149264.

Gene.
turbomutt  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2008 12:27:41 PM(UTC)
turbomutt

Thanks for the help Gene. Ordered it this morning. I'll let you know how it turns out. Looks like a savings of about $40.00 over the appliance store who was trying to help me.:)
turbomutt  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2008 4:47:47 PM(UTC)
turbomutt

Gene, the ignition module came in today and went in will little problem, even though wife was praying over me. It works great. Thanks for the help.
FixitMack  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 15, 2008 8:26:52 PM(UTC)
FixitMack

I have the SAME ignighter on a Roper gas range. Found a replacement here:

Part Details - GE Module, spark, part number: WB20X107

They are proud of it, but it's exactly the same size and parameters as the one you have as well as mine.

Good luck!
jaimediego  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2009 1:03:52 AM(UTC)
jaimediego

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
If this is a spark module with the two input and the two output terminals, you can use the spark module made by Frigidaire (best price!) with the part number AP2149264.

Gene.

Gene: Can I use a [Tappan? Frigidaire?] # (FR) 5303912606 Ignitor Module as well as the Frigidaire part you mention? I ordered it from (my best guess based on very limited info by anyone online or by phone) ...before I saw your old POST about the "exact" replacement for the 6520, the AP2149264.

["If this is a spark module with the two input and the two output terminals, you can use the spark module made by Frigidaire (best price!) with the part number AP2149264."]

Thanks for your help! Jim
Gene  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2009 6:54:27 PM(UTC)
Gene

Yes, you can. Frigidaire part number 5303912606 is APP part number AP2149264.

Gene.
jaimediego  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2009 12:42:59 AM(UTC)
jaimediego

Gene: I installed the spark module, worked fine for about 2 minutes.. . then began to work sporadically (intermittently, sometimes not for about 15 to 20 seconds, sometimes normal repetitive sparking, and usually very inconsistent sparking (dangerous when it pauses too long to light, of course!). I don't know if it was you.. . but some tech said the modules that are replaced are 90% good! YIKES, I think I've been dupped TOO! By my own mis-diagnosis evidently!

What is likely to be causing this inconsistent functioning? I have tightened ground screws securely. Doesn't seem like it could be anything but the spark gaps themselves.. . Yet, that seems unlikely too! [I've hooked the module up directly to power.. . to bypass the knob spark switches.. . THE SPARK MODULE STILL WORKED INCONSISTENTLY!] The spark gaps function fine at times, sparking about 2 to 4 times per second, then they spark every 10 or so seconds, sometimes with 15 to 30 second pauses! Help?

Please advise.. . :confused:

Thanks, Jim :D

P.S. Is there a gap cleaning procedure.. . or some way to "rebuild" or service the spark gap units?
Gene  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2009 12:50:30 AM(UTC)
Gene

Jim,

What is the complete model number of the stove?

Make sure you connected the live wire to the "L" terminal and the neutral to the "N" terminal on the spark module.

Gene.
jaimediego  
#10 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 11:34:59 PM(UTC)
jaimediego

Gene: Model # GSU-33-E-1 Chambers [Top Burners (4)]

The spark module was H-W 6520...the one you mentioned.

It sparks sometimes just fine...repeatedly. Other times, it has a very faint "sparking" sound, but does not spark. Tonight, I lit the stove with a starter lighter after attempting several times to use the manufactured spark mechanism [it just gave that faint sparking sound...without lighting (or sparking!)]. I tapped the spark tubes with the end of the (unlit) starter lighter (when the knob was turned on to LIGHT)...and the spark gaps started to spark properly. Could it be a bad connection of the spark assembly? The spark gaps don't appear serviceable...esp as the unit is riveted so you can't get under the stove proper where the wires run...and I can't see how the gaps could be serviced..or even checked?? :confused:

Thanks for your help! Jim:D
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply