Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pino  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2010 6:17:39 PM(UTC)
Pino

Groups: Registered

My Thermador range has two problems:
1. The two left burners with simmer feature do not spark or ignite. Both stopped working simultaneously. What do you think is the problem? I don't have a schematic for this range, but for a similar model, however, the color code is different and probably the control modules.
2. I get sporadic sparking on all burners if one of the burners is on. This started a couple of days ago. Any ideas?
Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

joe bianchi  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:28:24 AM(UTC)
joe bianchi

It sounds like the potentiometers, that mount on the front of the valve

Joe
Pino  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 4:29:36 PM(UTC)
Pino

Because both simmer burners failed at the same time, I assumed that the problem was the simmer controller. Replacing the controller did not solve the problem, however, removing the bad potentiometer allowed the good one to start working, but the sparking continued. After replacing the bad pot with a new one, everything started working and the sparking stopped. Now I have the stove fully operational and a spare simmer controller for the future. I also bought five potentiometers to cover my future problems.
Servicer  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2010 12:16:53 PM(UTC)
Servicer

Groups: Senior Expert

Hello,
Check the connections on the potentiometers. A low voltage (<103vac) going into the simmer control from one of the potentiometers will lock out both exlo burners. Being that removing one pot resolved that issue, I would focus on it's connector.

To check the voltages coming from the pots, do the following:

On the simmer control, remove the wires on terminals SOL 1, SOL2 and LINE -5V.

Measure for 120VAC from those wires to chassis ground.

If you find a low voltage, follow that wire to the potentiometer and inspect the connections.

The white pot plugs can be unclipped and the wires can be removed individually. Remove the three middle wires, clean and crimp them then reinsert them into the plug. If the voltage is low, this should take care of the problem.

KC
CharlieNH  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:06:19 AM(UTC)
CharlieNH

I have range DP364GECS. Two left burners out at same itme. Can't remove individual wires from simmer control module (Tytronics SQ005). Can I test some other way? Thanks. Desperate.

Originally Posted by: Servicer Go to Quoted Post
Hello,
Check the connections on the potentiometers. A low voltage (<103vac) going into the simmer control from one of the potentiometers will lock out both exlo burners. Being that removing one pot resolved that issue, I would focus on it's connector.

To check the voltages coming from the pots, do the following:

On the simmer control, remove the wires on terminals SOL 1, SOL2 and LINE -5V.

Measure for 120VAC from those wires to chassis ground.

If you find a low voltage, follow that wire to the potentiometer and inspect the connections.

The white pot plugs can be unclipped and the wires can be removed individually. Remove the three middle wires, clean and crimp them then reinsert them into the plug. If the voltage is low, this should take care of the problem.

KC
sontandad  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 3:43:53 PM(UTC)
sontandad

I have a similar problem and followed a flowchart I found in the forum. It said the simmer control needed to be replaced. I have now replaced the simmer control and the problem is still there. The two xlo burners do not spark and the gas valves do not open. Do I need to replace the Potentiometers? or do I need to replace the Potentiometers and the simmer control. I have already removed the new simmer control in anticipation of having to return it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
CharlieNH  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 3:50:14 PM(UTC)
CharlieNH

I replaced the simmer control but then I found that I also needed to replace the potentiometers to get it to work. They're simpler than I thought. This fixed the problem. Not sure if just the potentiometers would have done it, but I have a vague recollection that there might have been some update in the simmer control that needed the new pots anyway.

This is such a pain for a high end unit.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2022 1:53:13 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Anyone want to repair a thermador simmer control recently removed from my range? Contact Marilyn at mbotoole35@gmail.com
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2022 1:54:56 PM(UTC)

United States

Anyone want to repair a thermador simmer control recently removed from my range? Contact Marilyn at mbotoole35@gmail.com
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2022 1:07:31 PM(UTC)

United States

All burner is very slow works on Thermador Psc364GDZS/01 cooktop. Can some one tell me what's wrong with cooktop.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply