Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KMA  
#11 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 6:27:19 AM(UTC)
KMA

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I believe I need to replace one of the large elements on our Gemini electric range. It is the front right element, and no longer turns on and heats up. The appliance model number is MER6751AAB. Should I purchase part number AP4009116 found here:

Model MER6750AAB

(The link is for parts for MER6750AAB, but I couldn't find my exact model.)

Thank you for your time!
Gene  
#12 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 6:35:07 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
KMA,

Before buying any parts I would recommend to troubleshoot the problem to find out exactly what is wrong and which part has to be replaced. It could be a heating element or an infinite switch. You can find the complete instructions in the Service manual.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Maytag range Model MER6750AAB

Gene.
KMA  
#13 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 4:22:29 PM(UTC)
KMA

Thanks Gene.

I removed the "bad" element to inspect it, and here is what I found:

UserPostedImage

It seems it broke and shorted out. I moved the other large element to the same position and it works fine, so I'm assuming the part in the pic is the only problem. I separated and taped up the dangling wires and removed the burner knob as a precaution until a new one can be purchased. Unless you have some other things I should look at, I guess I'll order the part I linked to in my first post. Or should I order the element "kit" (AP205973)?

Thanks again for your help,
Kevin
Gene  
#14 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 5:15:18 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Kevin,

You did very good job and are on the right track. The right part number for this heating element is AP205973.

Good luck.
Gene.
Bayliner44  
#15 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2009 2:09:13 PM(UTC)
Bayliner44

Gene,
I have very simular problem.. .model number is mer6875bas, have no idea on how to lift the glass top and replace my heating elemement.

Thanks,

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Here is the Service manual for your range. I can not post the exact diagrams for your model but if you can provide information about parts you need, I'll be glad to support you with the right part numbers.

Gene.
Gene  
#16 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 8:04:52 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Bayliner44 Go to Quoted Post
Gene,
I have very simular problem.. .model number is mer6875bas, have no idea on how to lift the glass top and replace my heating elemement.

Thanks,

Here is the Service manual for your range.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for MAYTAG MER6875BAS | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
headmotty  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2010 9:39:32 PM(UTC)
headmotty

Hi - I know this is an old thread, but one of my stove elements went out the other day, and I just found this on a search. I've got a Maytag MER6771AAQ, and the front left element (the smaller one, same as right rear I believe) was working fine one minute, then when turned it on again a minute later, just didn't heat up anymore. Does this sound like the element? Or the limiter? Or the infinite switch? Is there a way to pinpoint which?

Gene, may I be so bold to ask if you have a service manual for this model?

Thanks very much.
Gene  
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 8:35:59 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: headmotty Go to Quoted Post
Hi - I know this is an old thread, but one of my stove elements went out the other day, and I just found this on a search. I've got a Maytag MER6771AAQ, and the front left element (the smaller one, same as right rear I believe) was working fine one minute, then when turned it on again a minute later, just didn't heat up anymore. Does this sound like the element? Or the limiter? Or the infinite switch? Is there a way to pinpoint which?

Gene, may I be so bold to ask if you have a service manual for this model?

Thanks very much.

All these parts can cause this problem. The only way to pinpoint which part exactly is bad is to check all of them for continuity. You have to have an ohmmeter to do it. Let us know when you ready.

Here are the breakdown and wiring diagrams and Replacement parts for MAYTAG MER6771AAQ Freestanding - Double Oven - Electric | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
headmotty  
#19 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 8:14:15 PM(UTC)
headmotty

Thanks very much, Gene. I am probably going to be away all weekend, but will pick this up again next week. Have a good weekend.
headmotty  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2010 7:02:34 PM(UTC)
headmotty

OK, I finally have some time, and do have an ohmmeter. Could you please let me know where I should start? Thank you.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply