Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AlanS  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 2, 2010 12:59:24 PM(UTC)
AlanS

Groups: Registered

The oven was not working at all. I have replaced the igniter...It now glows red and after a while (longer than it used to), the gas is ignited along the gas bar (I will call it that). The igniter stays red for a whle...30 secs or so, while the flame is still on. THEN after about one minute, the flame ceases. That's it...no more.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 3, 2010 3:30:32 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: AlanS Go to Quoted Post
The oven was not working at all. I have replaced the igniter...It now glows red and after a while (longer than it used to), the gas is ignited along the gas bar (I will call it that). The igniter stays red for a whle...30 secs or so, while the flame is still on. THEN after about one minute, the flame ceases. That's it...no more.

I would agree that the ignitor is bad. It glows, but it is to weak to keep the gas valve open. Replace the ignitor, and that should do it. Tom ApplianceEducator.com - Parts
AlanS  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 3, 2010 5:41:04 AM(UTC)
AlanS

But, it's a brand new ignitor!!!
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 3, 2010 6:14:15 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

But, it's a brand new ignitor!!!

I am sorry, I did not realize you just replaced it. Does the flame come out good on the gas bar? Also, when the gas shuts of, does the ignotor shut off too? Tom ApplianceEducator.com
AlanS  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 6:55:47 PM(UTC)
AlanS

Originally Posted by: kayakcrzy Go to Quoted Post
I am sorry, I did not realize you just replaced it. Does the flame come out good on the gas bar? Also, when the gas shuts of, does the ignotor shut off too? Tom ApplianceEducator.com

I took a good hard look at the situation tonight. Example: I set the oven for 450 degrees. The ignitor comes on and lights gas bar in about 30 seconds. The readout on the touchpad immediately reads 425, then 440, then 450...you hear a click, the ignitor stops glowing. The oven THINKS it has reached temp, when in fact it has only been on for 40 seconds or so. If you raise the temp to 550, the ignitor will glow, gas bar will ignite and then the temp readout starts at 525 and then 550, clicks and stops. The oven is hardly warm.
kayakcrzy  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 4:47:45 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

I took a good hard look at the situation tonight. Example: I set the oven for 450 degrees. The ignitor comes on and lights gas bar in about 30 seconds. The readout on the touchpad immediately reads 425, then 440, then 450...you hear a click, the ignitor stops glowing. The oven THINKS it has reached temp, when in fact it has only been on for 40 seconds or so. If you raise the temp to 550, the ignitor will glow, gas bar will ignite and then the temp readout starts at 525 and then 550, clicks and stops. The oven is hardly warm.

Good Job, on the diagnosis. I would say that you either have a sensor problem, or clock control problem. Pull the sensor, and ohm it out and see if it reads 1100 ohms. Normally on your situation it is most likely the clock control, because of how far it is off. You could allso try changing out the sensor, and see, but chances are it is a control issue Tom ApplianceEducator.com - Parts
AlanS  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 5:21:23 AM(UTC)
AlanS

Originally Posted by: kayakcrzy Go to Quoted Post
Good Job, on the diagnosis. I would say that you either have a sensor problem, or clock control problem. Pull the sensor, and ohm it out and see if it reads 1100 ohms. Normally on your situation it is most likely the clock control, because of how far it is off. You could allso try changing out the sensor, and see, but chances are it is a control issue Tom ApplianceEducator.com - Parts

Darn!!! I just put a new touch pad in this past summer (I seem to have to do it every year or so- at $100). Is that what you mean by the 'clock control'?
Thanks for the time and advice... I wanted to make pizza the other nite (make it from scratch), then realized "I DON'T HAVE AN OVEN"!!! Ate eggs instead...what a drag.
I looked at the parts breakdown, couldn't find a 'Sensor'...found regular and valve...no sensor. Does it have a # or specific name?
kayakcrzy  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 3:50:32 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Darn!!! I just put a new touch pad in this past summer (I seem to have to do it every year or so- at $100). Is that what you mean by the 'clock control'?
Thanks for the time and advice... I wanted to make pizza the other nite (make it from scratch), then realized "I DON'T HAVE AN OVEN"!!! Ate eggs instead...what a drag.
I looked at the parts breakdown, couldn't find a 'Sensor'...found regular and valve...no sensor. Does it have a # or specific name?

No, it would be the clock control. If you are putting the clock control in again, I would think about a new product. Tom
AlanS  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 4:26:51 PM(UTC)
AlanS

Let me understand...The 'clock control' is separate from the Touchpad (the membrane) that has the controls for the oven on the front of the unit? The digital readout pad for the oven/ broiler that has the digital clock? Or are they one and the same?
I took out my multimeter, put the ohms on 2000 (the choices were 200, 2000, 20k, 200k, 2000k). With the meter on 2000, the end terminals of the probe that sticks into the oven back read 1066.
I am assuming that it is fine.
When you say "if you are putting in the clock control again, think about a new product", please explain. New oven or new part?
Again, what, exactly is the clock control?
And again, thank you very much for the time taken with this project. Alan
kayakcrzy  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2010 3:21:51 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Let me understand...The 'clock control' is separate from the Touchpad (the membrane) that has the controls for the oven on the front of the unit? The digital readout pad for the oven/ broiler that has the digital clock? Or are they one and the same?
I took out my multimeter, put the ohms on 2000 (the choices were 200, 2000, 20k, 200k, 2000k). With the meter on 2000, the end terminals of the probe that sticks into the oven back read 1066.
I am assuming that it is fine.
When you say "if you are putting in the clock control again, think about a new product", please explain. New oven or new part?
Again, what, exactly is the clock control?
And again, thank you very much for the time taken with this project. Alan

No, not the touch pad, the control panel behind it. It is #4 on the parts list. The clock has relays on it, and most likely one of them is bad, or could be a resister, a circuit or something, but the board controls the oven, and the touch pad tells it what to do. If the touch pad is functioning, then you need to replace the board. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply