Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gtwassociates  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 2, 2010 8:28:28 AM(UTC)
gtwassociates

Groups: Registered

Just ordered new 6 inch elements with limiters and 2 "limiter kits" for 8 inch burners hopefully to repair problem of burners cycling frequently on and off and on and off so that they do not stay on long enough for anything to heat.

Now I seek help how to remove the cook top to get at the elements without breaking anything.

Also Welcome advice and thoughts on the original problem I am trying to solve if anyone else has had this trouble before with the Maytag.

Great exploded parts diagram at Top assembly replacement parts for MAYTAG CHE9830BCB Range - S/c S/i Ele | AppliancePartsPros.com[URL="http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=42693&diagram_id=710916#d710916"][/URL]
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 3, 2010 4:43:45 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Could not find info on your specific unit but perhaps this is close
http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16010161.pdf

Just ordered new 6 inch elements with limiters and 2 "limiter kits" for 8 inch burners hopefully to repair problem of burners cycling frequently on and off and on and off so that they do not stay on long enough for anything to heat.

Does not make sense to me that all limiters would go bad at the same time.
Sounds more like an electrical problem with a line that is common to all elements. I would check the power to the unit first.
L1 to L2 should be 240 volts
L1 to Neutral and L2 to Neutral, both should be 120 volts.

Almost sounds like the elements are only getting 120 volts though it is beyond me how the unit could do this perhaps there is a wire shorting out somewhere though I would have thought that would blow your breaker.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply