Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Skarytoes  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 9:02:09 AM(UTC)
Skarytoes

Groups: Registered

I have a kenmore electric range. The contol panel goes on and off. The stove elements work fine but the oven makes a buzz sound and the clock will flash a few time before the whole panel goes out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Terry
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

lsaponare  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 2:59:39 PM(UTC)
lsaponare

I have the same problem. I replaced the control board from appl. parts pros. and that didnt fix it. After looking at wiring diagram it appears to be connected to the high limit snsor and the door lock switch. could one of these be the problem
Skarytoes  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 11:30:37 AM(UTC)
Skarytoes

I don't really know if either is the problem. It does seem to be a "time" related thing. The control panel will turn on at around the same time and go turn on and off a few times and then say on a few hours but then turn off again. Have you had any success with trouble shooting?

Thanks
lsaponare  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 12:02:44 PM(UTC)
lsaponare

i just received the relay board and will install it in a day or so. another $115. but im am determined to find the problem. as soon as i install it and wait for a few days to see if it works i will keep in touch to try to help you.its funny but it just started working steady for the last 3 days after i ordered the relay board.im almost afraid to put it in.i will let you know if it worked. lenny - Installed new relay board that has the power transformer for control board attached to it,that solved the problem! Its easy to install ,wires have quick release stackons on them. Make sure you turn circuit breaker or fuses off first. My stove is now working great and the control light stays on nice and bright. hope this helps you. Lenny 1/9/2010
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply