Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dlimes  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2009 1:55:48 PM(UTC)
dlimes

Groups: Registered

Hi,I need help with the repair of my oven, and who to get to come in and repair.

I was getting a code F3, and then the element lower one sparked and there was a hole in it. My husband replaced the element that we ordered from appliance pros.
The oven is not getting hot I do not know if it is the sensor, thermostat or what I need help. Can I talk to someone live.
thank you.
Should I purchase a new oven, or is this repairable.

We are unable to turn the broiler knob on - bake goes up to 175 degrees, the bottom element does not heat at all, and the top element gets warm.

please advise.

denise limes
973-243-1277 - home / cell 201-396-0273
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2009 2:45:19 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for MAYTAG CWE9000BCE Walloven - S/c Ele | AppliancePartsPros.com

Note that I do not work for AppliancPartsPros. I am just a DIYer who tries to help out a few people.

I could not find a wiring diagram for this unit so the below is just general info.

I was getting a code F3,
Looking at different info sources it looks like usually an F3 error on a Maytag is a sensor error so I would start there by removing it and checking it with a meter. Below is a good link, check out 7, 8, 20 and 21.

the element lower one sparked and there was a hole in it. My husband replaced the element that we ordered from appliance pros.
Often a spark will take out the control board. Have you turned the breaker for this unit off/on slowly as it may be you are only getting 120 volts and not the full 240 required by the oven. I would check that the 240 is there with a meter. Also check that a wire in the unit has not burned off.

The oven is not getting hot I do not know if it is the sensor, thermostat or what I need help. Can I talk to someone live.
Without a wiring diagram I cannot see how they have wired in the thermostat and the temperature sensor
Sorry but I only do this online, perhaps someone else will help you on the phone.

Should I purchase a new oven, or is this repairable.
It is repairable the problem is at what cost. Getting a tech in is probably going to cost $100.00 or so and if you need a control board another $200.00 plus. The unit is starting to get pretty long in the tooth as you can see from the parts listing re: out of stock and requires special attention etc. If it is not repairable by yourselves I would go with a new unit.
Just not worth putting a lot of dollars into it as the next time it goes down you may not be able to get the parts.

We are unable to turn the broiler knob on - bake goes up to 175 degrees, the bottom element does not heat at all, and the top element gets warm.
This is very strange as the top element (broil) does come on but will not let you use the broil setting yet when in bake mode it will get warm.
A wiring diagram is required to troubleshoot this as you need to know how the temperature sensor and thermostat are wired in, it also has a hi-limit thermostat and a dlb relay.
It does sound like you may have more than one problem. The first being the temperature sensor, the second being the element control issue.

I know the above is not much help but thought I should respond due to the time of year when often an oven is the most important appliance in the kitchen what with family dinners and all.

Hopefully someone else will jump in who has the wiring diagram or experience on this particular unit.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply