Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DennisL1  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2009 9:32:09 PM(UTC)
DennisL1

Groups: Registered

Hi All!!

I hope somenoe can help.

My wife LOVES using the oven so it's a real downer that we cannot use it now. The house fills up with the gas smell when the oven is on, so obviously, we don't use it anymore. We had the local gas company man come out to inspect and the gas fittings are all fine. However, the oven, after the preheat time is done, the gas turns on and off inside the oven. Basically, the oven gas turns on and off. The gas seems to whoosh through the oven (you can hear it) and it doesn't catch with a flame for a bit and then it catches. THen shortly after, it goes off and repeats. The gas guy seems to think that it would cost a fortune to fix such an issue. I'm hoping someone here can tell me what it's really doing (ask me any questions so i can help narrow it down!!) and if it's an expensive repair. I can't tell you how much of a bummer it is to not use the oven (don't want the house blowing up!) or have to buy a new expensive oven during Christmas time!

Note: the burners on the stovetop work A O K.

Many thanks to all who read this and can help!

Dennis.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.