Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DaveinMD  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2009 6:28:08 AM(UTC)
DaveinMD

Groups: Registered

Hello,
Just bought a new (to me) house that came with a Whirlpool Accubake double wall oven. First thing we did was run the self clean which caused the oven to overheat. I came straight here and started reading about what a common problem this is. I replaced the thermal fuse on the control panel and that got the display working. However, neither the top nor bottom oven will heat up. The fans run and the lights all work, but the ovens don't get hot.

The top oven display is on the left (I think) and we can set it to a desired temp and the fans run and the preheat timer counts down, but the temp never gets warm. We can't even get the temp to display on the right (bottom oven I assume).

My questions:
- Are there thermal fuses (part 37) for each oven? I thought in reading others' posts about this topic that there was only one.
- Is something else going on that I can't even set the temp on the lower oven? Doesn't seem like a thermal fuse replacement would cure that.

Thanks much for your help. Great forum and great website - I've fixed both a KitchenAid d/w and stove with parts/help from this site.

Dave
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2009 6:24:36 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL RBD306PDQ6 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is the tech sheet
http://www.servicematters.com/d...0Sheet%20-%204452022.pdfhttp://shared.whirlpoolc...0Guide%20-%204450568.pdf

And a service manual
https://secured.whirlpoo...524e76/$FILE/8178007.pdf

Here also is the operators manual as it sounds like you do not have it
http://shared.whirlpoolc...0Guide%20-%204450568.pdf

However, neither the top nor bottom oven will heat up. The fans run and the lights all work, but the ovens don't get hot.
Since I do not see a fuse that will kill power to both ovens my gut says that you have lost the 240 volts. Try flipping the breaker off/on slowly a couple times. Sometimes you can loose half the line without tripping the breaker.
Better yet measure it at the oven with a meter.

My questions:
- Are there thermal fuses (part 37) for each oven? I thought in reading others' posts about this topic that there was only one.

Yes if the wiring diagram is correct but depends on the oven.

- Is something else going on that I can't even set the temp on the lower oven? Doesn't seem like a thermal fuse replacement would cure that.
Yes this is worry some. As a fuse should not do this. Also if the sensor was gone I think you would get an error code. If the blower did not come on during self clean, it could be that the heat took out the board.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
DaveinMD  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2009 6:45:23 AM(UTC)
DaveinMD

Groups: Registered

Den Man - Thanks so much. I didn't have any sort of manuals for this oven as you suspected. Your trick worked - I flicked the breaker very slowly and now have power (in the display) and heat in the lower oven. I'll try a thermal fuse for the upper oven and will report back.

Thanks for taking the time to respond with so much info/links.

Dave
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply