Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jcanelos  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2009 5:53:09 AM(UTC)
jcanelos

Groups: Registered

Hi,
My mom's double oven. What is happening is an intermittent problem. Oven will be working fine, then won't shut off. Keypad appears to be non-functional when this happens. Lit up, but all buttons will not respond. The only way to shut the oven off it by the ciruit breaker. Then the oven may or may not work after turned back on via circuit breaker.
My mom states that she has had error codes before of F1, which leads me to think that it may be the control panel. She ordered the part, but GE now offers the updated control panel, which not exactly the same as the current part, ie: the wiring looks a little different. I am going to take a look at it this afternoon to see if I can figure out what goes where before I disconnect anything. I am an elevator mechanic, and I deal with circuit boards, so I'm not too much of a dummy, but still a little intimidated by this...lol.
I am wondering if it could be the keyboard part. I see that there is a replacement part for this also. I'm just wondering where to start first. I'm starting to think that it would be easier for us to just buy her a new one.
It almost seems as though something gets stuck electrically, or times out. I suppose that I could call a GE repair guy, but I thought that I could give it a try first.
Of course, it's working right now.
Have you come across this problem before? Any info or help would be appreciated. Thanks! :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.