Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gratefulsouth  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2009 10:22:33 AM(UTC)
gratefulsouth

Groups: Registered

The dual burner element(on top part of my stove) on this model has gone out in the center portion. Initially I was told they no longer make the part I need(#100656-01). It seems that Dacor had some trouble with a new company making the part and pulled it(the new maker was doing a service kit that included a new switch even though only the burner element was needed). I think there may have been wiring difficulties with installation but I'm not sure . The new part # I was given was #700411-01.
Now in talking to Dacor directly,THEY gave me the 700411-01 number as the current part number for the dual number and said it WAS available(BUT I think it's really for the dual COOKTOP and not the freestanding unit model).
YOUR website has a part that lists this part's old and new part numbers.1)Is it a kit with a switch included? 2)Does it require a rewire instead of wiring the same way as the original burner that I need to replace? 3)Do you know if this is the part that caused problems when originally used as a replacement part in this model?

I REALLY appreciate your feedback.I feel like I'm swimming against the current trying to figure out something that should have been an easy replacement job.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.