Discuss

GE Buil-in Microwave and Oven combo, JTP86B0F2BB

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

Hi, I have a wall built-in GE Microwave and Oven combo. I read from the label, its model number is

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » GE Buil-in Microwave and Oven combo, JTP86B0F2BB

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 09:35 AM

CyberCrawler is on a distinguished road
Angry GE Buil-in Microwave and Oven combo, JTP86B0F2BB
Brand: GE   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hi,
I have a wall built-in GE Microwave and Oven combo. I read from the label, its model number is JTP86B0F2BB. I could not find anywhee on the web with such model . However, I ran cross a web page with only one owner has it for sale and it is the exact same number of years as mine. The closet model I could find was JTP86BF2BB (without the zero after the "B"). Do they have any parts out there for the one I am having?
The problem I had was that everything still works fine except the paint and metal material from the ceiling (inner top) of the Microwave peeled (torn) off and showed some rust. I went to the stores (Sears/GE) and see if I can replace the Microwave alone but was out of luck as they sell only in combo and they don't have the model I currently own. Is there some way I can fix the ceiling (inner top) by replacing the part?
I have been using all kinds of Microwaves for almost 30 years but this is the first time I saw with the inner top of the microwave peeled (torn) off and rusted

Any help would be very much appreciated!!!!

Thank you very much in advance.
CC

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 11-15-2009, 11:19 PM

Question Any help/info/idea out there?

Any help/info/idea/suggestion would be very much appreciated!!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

GE does not use "0" between "B" & "F" for the diagrams and/or parts list, so JTP86B0F2BB and JTP86BF2BB are identical.

Quote:
...the paint and metal material from the ceiling (inner top) of the Microwave peeled (torn) off and showed some rust...
You can easy fix it by cleaning the surface with a sandpaper and paint it using a microwave cavity paint.

- The white microwave cavity paint Part number: AP4350371

Part number: AP4350371

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for GE JTP86BF2BB | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 11-17-2009, 12:15 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
GE does not use "0" between "B" & "F" for the diagrams and/or parts list, so JTP86B0F2BB and JTP86BF2BB are identical.

You can easy fix it by cleaning the surface with a sandpaper and paint it using a microwave cavity paint.

- The white microwave cavity paint Part number: AP4350371

Part number: AP4350371

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for GE JTP86BF2BB | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Hello Gene,
Thank you for your advice. Unfortunately, the surface was torn (yes, I meant torn) like you pour water down the snow and you see it melt. I don't really know how it happened. This is the first time I saw it happen in 30 years using several brands/kinds of microwaves. Can I just order some kind of part (panel) and replace it? I don't really know if they have any by looking at all parts in the breakdown diagram you pointed out. I took a look at the Microwave body parts diagram and I saw what it is called Assembly Cavity, part number : AP2037010, number 461 in the diagram (the whole unit) and it is so expensive (some site has it for $870). What is your suggestion?

Thank you very much in advance!!!
CC
Old 11-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

This part (cavity assembly) has been discontinued and is no longer available. Also I believe such old microwave is not worth it. I would buy a simple counter top microwave and keep use the oven until it breaks.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 11-17-2009, 07:43 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
This part (cavity assembly) has been discontinued and is no longer available. Also I believe such old microwave is not worth it. I would buy a simple counter top microwave and keep use the oven until it breaks.

Gene.
Thanks Gene. I guess I am outa luck then. Do you think they have this model discontinued as well? I am thinking is there a way I can use some other model's Microwave in conjunction with my existing oven? I know it is kinda stupid question but I hope you don't mind.

Thank you very much in advance...
CC
Old 11-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

This particular model has been discontinued long time ago, but they still make the same combination with different face and size.

You can not replace just the microwave because there is only one control panel for both the oven and microwave.

Gene.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.