Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mr.G  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 10:13:52 AM(UTC)
Mr.G

Groups: Registered

After our Americana GE gas cooker was moved for other kitchen work, I had to relight the pilots. No problem with the range top pilots but the oven pilot isn't getting gas. Following the manual I tracked down the gas safety valve which should have a gas safety switch or button but this basic oven doesn't seem to have any switches or buttons where the manual says it should. I don't want to call out GE repair if I'm missing something obvious.:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 4:38:43 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Mr.G,

There is the pilot adjustment screw on the oven thermostat against the pilot gas tube. Check if it's open.

Check the pilot gas tube for any damages and the pilot itself for a clog.

Gene.
Cody G  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2008 10:13:50 AM(UTC)
Cody G

Hello, I was wondering if the advice from Gene solved your problem, Mr. G?
I was also advised to check for damage or clogs on oven pilot, as well as look for reset switches -- there seem to be none, although I am waiting for delivery of the instruction manual I found at TOAC online. I also attempted adjusting the screw on top of the oven pilot assembly and waiting two minutes while applying the camping lighter to the pilot continuously. I don't even smell gas, and the wires must be good because I hear a strong "click" noise when switching the timer to MANUAL. But we can manually light the oven regardless of the switch position. Our problem began after I repaired and replaced pilot tubing on top burners. But what doesn't make sense is that BOTH OVEN AND BROILER pilots won't light now. Any suggestions out there from anybody. Please help! Thank you! Cody. (Here is original question posted also on this forum): We have a Gaffers and Sattler vintage gas stove model w5494g (ca. 1956?) in great condition. The oven and broiler were working beautifully, but I had to replace the pilot tubing and clean up the pilots for the top burners and griddle, now they are all working and burner pilots stay on fine. But NOW the pilots for the OVEN and BROILER do not light at all. We can manually light the oven and broiler by turning the controls, gas is being sent to the larger pilot when clock is on MANUAL mode. The strange thing is, I did nothing to change anything to do with the oven or broiler -- is there a reset button on the safety valve? If it has to do with the thermocoupler, why was it working just last week, but not now? Is heat from the burner pilots affecting the thermocoupler? What has changed? Thank you for your help, we love our stove, but we want it to be safe and useable!
Cody and Florence
bringselpup  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 4:38:46 PM(UTC)
bringselpup

I'm having pilot trouble with this oven. Americana AGBS300PJWW. We live where there is only LP gas and after getting our tank replaced because it was leaking I can't get the oven pilot lit. Top burners lit up just fine. I hold the oven knob in even longer than the one minute on the instructions and the moment I let go out goes the pilot. I assume it's the thermocouple. Where can I get parts for this oven?
Gene  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 5:21:08 PM(UTC)
Gene

The first thing I would start with is the oven pilot with thermocouple assembly and if it would not solve the problem, then the oven thermostat has to be replaced too.

- The part number for the oven pilot with thermocouple assembly is AP3886709

- The part number for the oven thermostat is AP3686353

Gene.
bringselpup  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 5:52:36 PM(UTC)
bringselpup

Thank you Gene. I think so too. It's acting exactly like a furnace we had once that I fixed with a new thermocouple.

The part you linked looks just like what's in there.
Gene  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 6:34:02 PM(UTC)
Gene

Keep us posted.

Gene.
bringselpup  
#8 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2008 3:26:48 PM(UTC)
bringselpup

Have spent a month trying to get the part. Can't get local suppliers to return calls. Even the previous link you had has it listed as out of stock.

I may have to quickly find another stove to salvage Thanksgiving.
Gene  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2008 7:37:01 PM(UTC)
Gene

Try to call APP customer service at 877-477-7278. Maybe they can find it for you faster.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Gene.
bakedcreations@hotmail.co  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2008 12:58:05 PM(UTC)
bakedcreations@hotmail.co

Hello. Gene. My oven is giving the same difficulty (no Pilot). Does a bad thermal coupler keep gas from flowing to the oven burner? Thanks.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply