Discuss

Whirlpool oven door gets very hot to the touch

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

When using the oven the door never would get hot to the touch, warm yet but never hot where you

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » Whirlpool oven door gets very hot to the touch

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2018, 11:32 AM

klturi421 is on a distinguished road
Default Whirlpool oven door gets very hot to the touch
Brand: Whirlpool   Age: More than 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

When using the oven the door never would get hot to the touch, warm yet but never hot where you could not touch it. Due to its age the handle fell off and the way it's designed the screws fell into the door and the door must be separated in order to put the handle back on. Naturally I took the door apart being careful not to move anything around. The inner insulation was left intact and not disturbed. I put it all back together and cooked with it a little later on, now the door gets very hot to the touch and I'm not sure why?

I've performed the same repair a time or two before but never experienced the door getting hot like it has these past few times of cooking.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.