Discuss

Ge profile dual fuel convection won't work on convection bake

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

Hello! Today my wife was was putting a ham in the oven. She selected convection bake, set to 350 then

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » Ge profile dual fuel convection won't work on convection bake

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2018, 04:29 PM

Jasonduggandpi@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road
Default Ge profile dual fuel convection won't work on convection bake
Brand: GE   Age: More than 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hello!
Today my wife was was putting a ham in the oven. She selected convection bake, set to 350 then put the ham in and walked away. A few seconds later she heard an odd buzz type sound so she came and opened the oven door to find that the lower heating element was black except for a small segment that was glowing so bright that it was basically white. After that the oven would let you select convection bake but the temp would not increase.
I got home at this point and put the oven in convection roast to finish the ham. The upper heating element works fine and no issues with the display being funky. I get no error codes or odd display behavior. It just won't glow that bottom element and i can hear a occasional click....... Click sounds in the control like a relay is working. Not constant, just normal like it always does when it calls for heat..

To you experienced folks, Does it sound as though i just need to replace the lower heating element and all will be well again? That's my thought anyway but wanted to double check with people who know more about these things. I've done a fair amount of washer, dryer and fridge work but never an oven. Thanks for your help!

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.