Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
buddha61  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 5:18:32 PM(UTC)
buddha61

Groups: Registered

Hi all, first post here. Let me start with the basics. I have lived around Chicago for the last 6 years, and just recently moved back home to Ohio with my mom. She told me a while ago that the oven wouldn't work, and thought that it might be a fuse. I have looked briefly (didn't want to take it apart, as the stove top still works, though one or two of the ignitors might be toast, as it requires manual lighting). I am not sure how old it is, but probably close to 10 years. It is a Whirlpool Accubake, model SF387LEGW3.

What I do know. The oven light doesn't light up (not sure if burnt out or part of the problems). The oven won't work, nor does trying to push any button on the control panel. Some times the control board is completely blank, sometimes it appears on, showing something like 8s all the way across. I am unsure if the problem lies in the control board, a fuse, both, or something else. Looking for a little guidance as to what I should check first. I have briefly looked at the pamphlet that was in the back of the oven, that shows wiring diagrams, but no clear determination where the fuses are, unless bk is them.

Any assistance you could give would be immensely helpful. I will include a quick picture, though hard to see, of what the control panel looks like, as the flash light washes out most of what you can actually see (you can kind of see in the time area, where the greenish numbers should be).
buddha61 attached the following image(s):
File Nov 15, 9 02 31 PM.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.