|Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras|
Stovehood fan not working
Model Number: ZVE-E30AS Brand: -other- Age: More than 10 years
Looking for help !
The fan on my Zephyr Venezia Stovehood Fan (Model ZVE-E30AS) has stopped working. I has 6 speeds up to 750 CFM. Lights work fine. It is over 10 years old. I have previously torn it down to change bearings twice over the years so I am quite familiar with the guts of it. This has me stumped a bit. Unfortunately, I cannot locate the wiring diagram nor a repair manual. I am trying to find which electrical component is bad. The issue starting happening after a neighborhood power glitch which also blew out my Verizon FIOS requiring a new distribution box.
When you push the fan button there is no noise at all, no hum, nothing. I did a complete teardown, used jumpers, and this is what I determined:
1. Switch continuity verified OK
2. Circuit board output (to the fan motor) with motor unconnected is OK at 120v.
3. Circuit board output (to the fan motor) with motor connected is NG at 0v.
4. Starter capacitor (25 uF) tested OK on meter, spike on meter repeatedly as you switch leads. I do not have the right meter to test the uF tolerances. The cap was physically perfect with no bulges, etc.
5. Hooked up the fan motor direct to 120v with the starter cap in place and the fan ran perfectly. Although, it runs only at the highest speed (which I recognize from the sound).
6. I suspect something on the circuit board is sensing something not right with the motor/cap and therefore shuts the voltage off to the motor.
What do you guys think ?
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.
powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|electric burners working no oven or control panel working after power outage||JWhitlock||Washer Repair||0||02-11-2017 07:55 AM|
|Samsung RS2545SH dispenser water stopped working! but ice maker is working.||patrocle||Refrigerator & Freezer Repair||1||06-04-2016 11:51 AM|
|GE Profile TFS28PB message center not working, freezer light not working||prakoski||Refrigerator & Freezer Repair||0||07-26-2012 05:13 AM|
|Dryer panel not working. 2 low amber lights on constant. Light inside working.||tsgibson||Dryer Repair||1||12-28-2011 07:39 AM|
|refrigerator stopped working cleaned it and started working then stopped working agai||ravaginggoatman||Refrigerator & Freezer Repair||5||12-18-2010 02:13 AM|