Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chad1971  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 4, 2017 2:20:12 PM(UTC)
chad1971

Groups: Registered

HI I was cleaning the lower oven in self clean mode like normally and a ways into it the F2 code came on? it finished cleaning though? so I tried the upper oven and it says its in self clean all lights and that is on push start and its all normal but the elements never heat up?it counts down the time.i read the schematic on codes I havnt had time to check the temp sensor yet but will. I just wanted to know somewhere I read that when you take the front panel off there is a fan that has a little screen that gets clogged? I don't see anything like that on mine?when you turn it on a fan starts? she said the bake option in both ovens seems to work fine? she has used them both? if it was the temp sensor in the upper oven it wouldn't bake right would it? please help thank you much
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 4, 2017 4:02:42 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Can you hear a cooling fan running during any cooking mode?
chad1971  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 4, 2017 5:16:56 PM(UTC)
chad1971

Yes as stated in orig. Post when u start it i hear a fan running right away and it runs until oven cools down thank u
chad1971  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 5:24:28 AM(UTC)
chad1971

Anybody? Please any ideas would help alot? Thanks in advance its doing some really weird things now? I really needadvice anyone?
Gene  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 6:42:35 PM(UTC)
Gene

Sorry for the delay.

The next step is to check the sail switches for continuity. The left and right sail switches are normally open limit switches located at the rear of the component compartment in front of the cooling fans. These switches monitor the presence of the airstream from the fans. If either fan malfunctions, the applicable sail switch will open and will open relay R1, which disables power to the microwave HVT and cooking elements. If only the left fan malfunctions, the lower oven will continue to operate, but the upper microwave and cooking elements will become disabled. If the right fan malfunctions, the applicable sail switch will open and will open relay R1 and R2, causing cooking functions in both ovens
to be disabled.
In order to do it, the oven has to be removed from the cabinet. Do not forget to turn off the power to the oven. You can locate the switches by viewing the attached file.
If one or both switches malfunctioning, they would need to be replaced.

The left sail switch assembly Part number: AP3792647
Part number: AP3792647

The right sail switch assembly Part number: AP3792682
Part number: AP3792682

Also, the attached mini-manual would help you with more diagnosis, if there is nothing wrong with both sail switches.

Good luck.
File Attachment(s):
31-14135-ZET3058BH4BB.pdf (259kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
chad1971  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 7:15:39 PM(UTC)
chad1971

I just typed for 20 min and it didnt go it disapeared!
chad1971  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 7:28:05 PM(UTC)
chad1971

Ok ill try again! Ok i tried cleanin bottom oven. Bout 35 min in it gave a f9 then f2 maybe air flow? But another thing a guy put a fan in bout a yr ago and didnt put screws in top display panel so i put em in and soon as do it stops clicking? Ok well i messed with the big ribbon that goes from left big board to little board on right side looking at panel down and top elements started heating so i put display on and they quit? I took it off messed with plug and they start? I thought it was hittin somethin when on but there is lots of space behind it. I can get it to keep workoling if i dont mount panel? A d the clicking is goin but mounted with zcrews in and no clicking top elements dong work! I ran the testz on everything in service mode and all tested ok? Im thinkin the f codes is a pluvged vent sys? Maybe? But the top elements are dri in me nuts! The clickinv sounds like a relay? But she sd shes been uzinv it for over. Yr with the click? I just dont want to order the small board be aue of cost? But it sdems like that iz the problem but why wont it work whdn panel is mounted and why does the clicking stop shen its mounted and start when u take screws out?! Uugghh! Sorry if i confused the hell out of you i am* i was a sears repairman when shit was easy to work on yrs ago!
chad1971  
#8 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 7:34:21 PM(UTC)
chad1971

rare the sail switches the micro ssitches in back that r by the flappers?
chad1971  
#9 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 7:36:45 PM(UTC)
chad1971

I also ran the trsts in service mode and eveything tested fine? I heard all fans running and i thought it had a sail switch test? Maybe it didnt? But everything passed the tests?
Gene  
#10 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 7:39:19 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: chad1971 Go to Quoted Post
rare the sail switches the micro ssitches in back that r by the flappers?

Yes.

Try to be more careful with question marks. It's confusing.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply