Discuss

Hot surface light is always on

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

So, soon after we bought a new Maytag double oven two years ago, i can't really remember the details, but

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » Hot surface light is always on

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2017, 10:44 PM

BiNiaRiS is on a distinguished road
Default Hot surface light is always on
Brand: Maytag   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

So, soon after we bought a new Maytag double oven two years ago, i can't really remember the details, but there was a popping noise in the back of the oven. We didn't notice anything that could be wrong as everything still worked perfectly. A few weeks later we realized the hot surface light was no longer working.W e just decided to live with it as it wasn't a big deal.

Fast forward to a few days ago and all of a sudden the hot surface light randomly came ON and won't turn off.

I tried to google this but just got too many different answers so i figured it was time to ask.

If you need a specific model, I can get that. Thanks!

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 03-14-2017, 11:38 PM

BiNiaRiS is on a distinguished road

Small update. I took the control panel off and tried disconnecting each switch and then plugging the power back in to see if the light went off. Light was still always on.

I also realized that one of the burners is not working. I'm 99% sure it was working earlier today when I tested it which is odd. Either way it's no longer working and I'm wondering if that is part or all of the cause.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.