Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
viralin  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2016 11:15:26 AM(UTC)
viralin

Groups: Registered

I have owned my stove for quite a few years but rarely use the oven, mostly the cook top. I can count on one hand the times I have baked with it. That being said, ever since it was new it has taken over 30 minutes to preheat to 350. I want to use it more, so decided to see if there is a way to fix this.

Upon reading the circuit analysis matrix for the oven it states the bake and broil coils should alternate during preheat. This never happens. I can turn the broiler on manually, hear the relay click, and the coil will start to glow. When turning on bake, the preheat light and bake light will illuminate, the bake relay will click, and lower coil will heat. I never hear the broil relay click, nor does it ever turn on during the 30 min of preheat.

Could the control board really have been defective this entire time? What troubleshooting steps should I take to verify?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.