Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
petown2  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2016 1:28:47 PM(UTC)
petown2

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I hope someone can help determine where this problem is coming from. Also, I apologize if this is a duplicate posting – I originally posted a new thread, I thought, around noon MST today but it hasn’t shown up yet.

Our oven had been tripping off recently on the self clean cycle after ½ hour or so, indicating PF with no additional error code.
Last week, though, the oven tripped off on a 500 degree bake cycle, immediately followed, after re-set, by a trip right away on the broil (500 degree) cycle. In both events the PF was displayed. We had not tried to use the self clean cycle that day or for the previous couple of weeks.
I opened the top cover of the oven and found the 3 power-in connections to the electronic filter were completely loose with the nuts backed nearly off the studs. The filter circuit board was burned and delaminated at the red and black connections. I installed a new filter circuit board and door gasket then completely cleaned the blower vanes and duct. I also acetone cleaned the controller flex cable connector contacts as well as the rest of the goo from that upper plenum area. I checked the resistance of the temperature sensor and it seemed within range.
We used the oven and broil cycles without any problems yesterday so attempted the self clean cycle this morning. After 38 minutes it tripped off with PF. I noticed the display went black for a second then came back to normal about a minute before it tripped off with PF. Tried self clean ½ hour later and it tripped to PF after 6 minutes.
Within another ½ hour I was then able to run the broil cycle at 500 degrees for ½ hour followed by the bake cycle at 500 degrees for ¾ hour with no problem!
It seems like the bake and broil cycles are, at least for now, functioning normally but the self clean cycle still doesn’t work at all.

Could there be a problem with the temperature sensor that, at higher temperatures, could simulate a power failure?
Is there a relay somewhere that could be affected by the high temp clean cycle and maybe just on the edge of the lower temp bake and broil cycles?
I really hope not to have to try a $300 controller – the oven just may not be worth it.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.