Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pandrada  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2016 3:58:07 AM(UTC)
pandrada

Groups: Registered

The broiler and bake elements wont turn on. I have two of these ovens so I was able to swap out the thermostat and elements from the non working oven with the working oven to see if the parts were good since I don't know how to ohm out the components.

After switching out the two parts above from the non working oven to the working oven the element worked with the working oven. So I believe it is not the element or thermostat.

I then checked my voltage. I have 240 going into the oven. I then checked each line going to the element. They both have 110 BUT only for a short time until one loses all power. I hear a "clicking" sound coming from the control board. Each time it clicks it "cycles" one of the lines off. So when I start the oven both line "A" and "B" have 110 volts. Then "click" line "A" goes dead. About 5 to 10 seconds later "Click" line "B" goes dead, line "A" now has 110 volts. This keeps repeating. I shut off the main breaker to see if it would reset but it did not.

Oven worked fine until I did a self clean cycle on it the other day. Fan motor is still running so not sure if it is the control board going bad or the range high limit thermostat?

Thank you for what ever help you can offer.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.