Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fa28  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 6:53:53 PM(UTC)
fa28

Groups: Registered

This oven is so old (40 yrs+) no one at GE has a record of the model number.
It's a copper color built in that sits on a built up platform, oven doesn't go to floor. It has push button controls for the surface elements. It's owned by a friends whom I'm trying to help out. Told her originally to buy a new used one. The problem is the bake element doesn't get any current. The broiler element works and all the surface elements too. I've replaced both elements and the thermostat. Not much left but the selector switch, wires, and time bake mechanism. The broiler unit was bad and was used that way for a long time. One day she says it sparked and the whole oven wouldn't work. The br. element was in two pieces and it looked like an electrical burn on top of the inside oven. That's when I changed out the two elements. Broiler worked but not bake. tested the thermostat for continuity and it seemed bad so I replaced it with a used (known to be working) one, It's continuity seemed OK. With that in I still have just the broiler working and cold bake element.
set to bake the broil gets warm (oven to 250 and stops there) I'm thinking of getting the select switch on ******** but would like to test this switch. It's a WB22x27. and also possibly bypass the time bake mechanism but need help at this point. Schematic attached
fa28 attached the following image(s):
GE Oven.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.