Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
laspero  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 5:21:12 PM(UTC)
laspero

Groups: Registered

My Thermador PRG486GLUS is having trouble sparking 2 of the gas cooktop burners.

There are 6 burners. 4 normal and 2 extra low.

1 of the normal burners does not cause a spark when turned on. I have swap the spark switch out with a working switch and that is not the cause. The electrode does spark when another burner is turned on which is normal because they all are in series, but it does not spark when it's switch is turned on.

The other burners will attempt to reignite if the flame goes out. If I turn the flame to low and blow flame away from electrode sparks will occur on the other burners but not this broken one.

My question is, could this be a bad electrode or does the spark control module need to be replaced?

The same thing is happening with one of the two extra low burners. It will not spark when turned on by it self. It does spark when other burners are turned on, again because they electrodes all spark when one does. It will spark in the extra low position but not in the normal position. It will also no try to reignite when the flame is blow out. The other extra low works fine. I have swapped the two potentiometers and that is not the problem.

Again, is this something wrong with the simmer spark controller or is it a problem with the electrode?

thanks,

Larry
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.