Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dhughes47  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 6:22:34 PM(UTC)
Dhughes47

Groups: Registered

We purchased a used Electrolux oven a few months ago and wouldn't you know it after their warranty period expires the oven starts acting up. I have an upper oven and a lower oven. Last night I cooked meatloaf in the upper oven and potatoes in the lower oven and everything was fine. Turned everything off ate dinner and a couple hours later went to make cupcakes and the upper oven took over an hour just to get to 340 degrees. I turned it off at 340 and turned it back on and it read 227. I know the oven doesn't even cool off that fast on the coldest day of winter. I turned on the lower oven and it heated up to 350 pronto.
Determined it has to be something in the upper oven. The broiler works just fine just not anything using the bake function or the lower flame.
The ignitor is heating up and is glowing red....its definitely enough to ignite. We turned the stove on and held a lighter to the burner and the burner still would not light.
There is gas to all other areas of the stove......Im lost.....
Anyone have opinions or answers? Any and all HELP is appreciated but please keep any negative rude comments to yourself.
Thanks!!!
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.