Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ron Hebert  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2009 10:26:19 AM(UTC)
Ron Hebert

Groups: Registered

My wife was self cleaning the top convection oven when all of a sudden there was a loud pop and the circuit breaker tripped. I went and reset the circuit breaker and a code F2 was displayed on the keypad. I went and reset the circuit breaker again and the clock was now flashing. I set the clock but the top convection oven does not respond to any of the functions on the keypad. I have unscrewed the keypad and examined the circuit board behind it. I can not see any burnt marks on the relays or on the board. The bottom oven is working properly since this happened to the top oven. The information on the circuit board is TORISAN 060340018, GE Model #164D4170P029.
The oven went completely out on us two years ago and Sears sent a technician out to fix it. The technician replaced one part and that did not work. The technician returned and replaced another part and both ovens worked after this fix. Unfortunately, I was at work so I do not know if the technician changed the circuit board on one visit and the keypad on the next visit. I am thinking it is the circuit board now but it could be the keypad. Any help in this diagnosis would be appreciated based on this forum. This forum is had an excellent source of help to me on this problem. I will use this forum for troubleshooting all my appliances. Thanks for your help and having this resource available to this backyard technician,
Ron Hebert
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.