Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Twinkles  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2016 7:52:12 AM(UTC)
Twinkles

Groups: Registered

I have a Jenn air Electric Wall Oven model #JJW9530DDS and I’m having some issues with temperature.

Originally the temperature was very low and took over 3 hours to preheat on bake to 400F. Both elements (bake and broil) tested fine with the multi-meter, but the temperature sensor was damaged.

I replaced the sensor and it takes about 10 minutes to preheat now, although I’m still having problems with temperature. The oven seems really cool. It will bake, but seems to take twice as long as it normally should and I have to keep turning the food, because the part by the door never cooks.

I made some cookies using convect and the cookies by the convect fan at the back of the oven baked in normal ‘cookie’ time, but the cookies by the front of the oven were still raw?

I’m at a loss on what to do? Unfortunately I live in a rural area and appliance repair will only come out this way when they have other calls to do. So I’m stuck doing this myself.

Few additional info:
-The broil burner does heat up and turn red when broiling food
-The bake burner is hidden, so I don’t know if it turns red
-The door is closing properly, it clicks shut and the light turns off.

Any advice on which part I should consider next would be appreciated! :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.