Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jimblount  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2015 11:06:18 AM(UTC)
jimblount

Groups: Registered

The front controller will lose power intermittently and then turn back on by itself with the clock display blinking. It may stay on for days but may also turn off after 5-10 minutes after being reset. If the oven is set to BAKE and heating up it may lose power and come back on with the clock display blinking and the oven off again. It's odd that an electrical component would be intermittent. Either it's broken or it's not. This leads me to believe it's a loose connection of some sort but I opened up the controller and checked all of the wire connections. The spade connectors all appeared solid. There was nothing done to the oven to make this start happening (ie it was moved, the controller got hit with something, etc.). I'm reluctant to buy a new control board for around $500 if this is not the problem. Any suggestions on what to look for or how to troubleshoot? I have some basic electrical and mechanical skills as I'm an engineer so feel free to talk in technical terms.

Thanks
Jim
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.