Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
terrib11  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2015 4:47:36 AM(UTC)
terrib11

Groups: Registered

I pushed the button for the Self Clean cycle, I heard the lock "engage", then the Door light came on, the oven light went on, and a "Door" message came on and beeped. It stopped, I checked the oven 3 hours later to find that the lock did not engage the door, the lock could not move, and the oven had not cleaned. and Door could not close. Frigidaire suggested I press "clock" for 6 seconds to reset the control panel, which did not work. they also suggest to throw the circuit breaker or pull the plug out for 2 minutes, which also did not work. we also tried to hold the button on door frame, and hit cancel. I had a repair guy come who took the whole thing apart, he thinks it's the motor to the lock. but we disengaged that, which freed the lock, door could now close, but oven still will not go on. it will cost $400 to replace the motor parts and labor. Is it the motor or the control panel? Should I just buy a new oven? I've only had oven 4 years, was brand new, and only self cleaned 6 times before so can't understand why the lock or the motor should fail, but there are often power surges, brown outs and an occasional lightning strike in the area, which is why I'm wondering if it's the computer and don't want to waste $ to buy and replace motor to lock just to find out that's not the problem. Back plate and burners are disassembled now, and it's autumn and time to bake. Thoughts? suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.