Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ponderitsome  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 11:13:53 AM(UTC)
ponderitsome

Groups: Registered

The bottom/bake element in My Magic Chef drop in range (model 5892vvv) will no longer get hot. The broil/top element heats up to full temp and keeps the temperature. All the range top coils work just fine.

I've had to replace the bake element before (bought from appliancepartspros.com!) because it was very clearly broken. Ive inspected the element and see no signs of damage, breakage, shorting, etc.

I previously had to replace the temperature sensor (bought from appliancepartspros.com!). I was driven to replace it last time by an error code and the bake element wouldn't heat at all. Im not getting an error code this time. If I set the temp to 350, the element appears to get and stay warm as the oven will maintain a ~200 degree temp for several hours

What might be causing the element to get warm but not properly coming up to full temp?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.