Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
arn09  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 11:33:24 AM(UTC)
arn09

Groups: Registered

I have a Jenn Air SVE47500b downdraft that we installed in our new home in 1997. It has been troublesome since the very beginning, but has now gotten to the point that it is basically unusable. Here's the history... Many, many years ago, the display gradually got dimmer so that now unless the room is totally pitch dark, it is unreadable. Honestly, this is not too big a deal, so I didn't worry about it too much, and didn't feel like spending the $300 for the new board to fix it. Recently, I began to notice that the oven was not venting properly - there was considerable condensation, etc., and it would eventually shut off and start beeping and I would have to reset the breaker, which seemed to bring it back to life. Now, however, the oven will not work at all - the burners are fine - and it will start beeping every few minutes. I have to shut off the breaker when we are not using it or else I have to push a button on the control panel constantly to stop the beeping. Even when I turn the breaker back on and the burners work, the oven will not heat. I do not see any fault code on the display. It just shows the time.
I am thinking relay board, but I didn't want to just throw a $200 part at it without getting some input from people who have some experience with these units, which I do not.
In short, here's the problems - random beeping with no codes, oven not heating at all, and oven not venting properly when it was working. I guess you could add the faulty display to that, but I don't know that that's related..
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 1:46:00 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

You should probably start with checking the hi-limit safety thermostat and the cooling fan. If the cooling fan (not the downdraft) inside the oven is running make sure there is no air flow obstructions. If it's not running, then get access to the main relay board and the terminal block. Don't forget to turn the breakers off!
You will need a multimeter to check continuity.
To test the hi-limit check continuity between the black wire post at the terminal block and ether the BAKE/yellow or the BROIL/violet terminals of the relay board. No continuity - replace the hi-limit.
If the cooling fan doesn't run check continuity between COOL/brn wire at the relay board and White wire at the terminal block. No continuity - replace the fan. If there is continuity and the fan is not jammed - replace the relay board.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and parts list for your oven

Model SVE47500B

The hi-limit Part number: AP5690790
Part number: AP5690790

The cooling fan Part number: AP4097245
Part number: AP4097245

The relay board Part number: AP4010045
Part number: AP4010045

Good luck. Keep us posted with the results.

Thank you.

Simon.
arn09  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 7:01:36 AM(UTC)
arn09

Groups: Registered

Thanks alot Simon! I will try your suggestions this weekend. One question - where exactly is the relay board on this unit? The schematics don't really show where it is...
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 10:55:46 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

I think the relay board is located under the oven on the side. if not then check inside, next to the latch assembly.

Thanks.

Simon.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply