Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gdavis8061  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 5:32:41 PM(UTC)
gdavis8061

Groups: Registered

My right side large burner was sticking on high. I ordered a WB-21X5243 universal replacement switch for the old WB21X226 switch - replaced it, the large burner wouldn't come on. I turned on the right side sm. burner and burned out both switches on that side.

I don't know what I did wrong. I moved the wires one by one: H1 on the old switch to H1 on the new switch; H2 on the old to H2 on the new; L1 on the old to L1 on the new; L2 on the old to L2 on the new; and the last one was marked differently on the new switch, but there was only one terminal to put it on. Any ideas? I'm afraid to invest in two more switches and get the same result.

Now when I cut on the left side burners, the small burner on the right side (with the burned out switch) goes to high.

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jeff / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 7:21:16 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Hello Gdazis8061, The switch sounds like it is wired wrong. H1 should be single Red. H2 should be Yellow/black. L1 should be red that ties into L1 on the right rear switch. L2 is black that ties into L2 on right rear switch. P should be gray.
gdavis8061  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 4:03:31 PM(UTC)
gdavis8061

Thanks Jeff, but I'm seeing something different.
This is the way it is wired and I'm talking about the right side burners, facing the stove:
Large burner: H1 is single red feeding to burner (?); H2 is double red with one to H2 on the small burner switch and one to H2 on the left side small burner switch; L1 is single red to L1 on the small burner switch; L2 is single black going to L2 on the small burner switch; the last connector is not labeled P, it's labeled 4H2 and has a yellow with black strips feeding from inside the stove.
Small right side burner: H1 is black feeding to burner (?); H2 is red from H2 on the large burner switch; L1 is double red with one from large burner switch and one going to center circuit board that merges with one going inside under the burners; L2 is double black with one coming from L2 on large burner switch and second to L2 on the left side small burner switch; 4H2 is orange or light brown going into the stove. Any help is appreciated.
Jeff / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 6:09:27 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

I am attaching the wiring diagram so you can see where I am getting my information from. It sounds like you wired the switch wrong.
File Attachment(s):
31-1444 JBP76GS1.pdf (539kb) downloaded 15 time(s).
gdavis8061  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 8:23:39 AM(UTC)
gdavis8061

Thanks Jeff.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply