Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
b*murphy  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2015 1:00:58 PM(UTC)
b*murphy

Groups: Registered

I'm having problems with my range and broiling. The oven bakes fine. But when set to broil, either lo or high, the broiler ignitor will heat up the gas opens to send a small amount of gas to the broiler burner but it never really opens a lot (after a few minutes if I check the oven temp it is only around 250F). I checked the amp draw for ignitor, the original had a draw of 3.1 amps so I replaced it. The new one draws 3.4 amp, but still I have the same problem. The small flame seems well distributed around the burner.

What should I try next?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

b*murphy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 4:14:53 AM(UTC)
b*murphy

I've tested the gas valve for continuity, it rings out fine on both the oven and broiler. I'd rather not spend $150 on gas valve unless I am sure that is the problem. Is there a way to test the gas valve? Thanks
b*murphy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 10:53:17 AM(UTC)
b*murphy

So I bit the bullet and bought the valve, which also comes with the tubing and nozzle which feeds the burner. The valve and tubing were not assembled as shipped to me. I was trying to get the repair done quickly but uninstalling the safety valve was more complication than I thought it would be. I need to fold the bracket back into the war tray area to access the nuts for mounting it and I needed to remove the regulator/stove valve as well.

I installed the new dual valve safety valve but used the old feed line to the burner, still the same problem. Now I'm frustrated and a bit pissed. I said what the hell, I'll install the new tubing and nozzle. Voila, the burner is throwing a beautiful flame now.

Unfortunately, I don't see the tubing and nozzle being sold as separate items. I spoke with Maxitrol, the valve manufacturer and they said it was not likely to be their valve as the source of the problem.

With that said is there a good way to clean the nozzle? I removed the tip and inside the tubing was a three legged brass(?) piece with a tip. How do you set the depth to ensure proper flow?

Thanks for all of your help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply