Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tfawell  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2015 10:49:02 AM(UTC)
Tfawell

Groups: Registered

I had a bad spark electrode on my right from burner. Jenn
Aire JGS9900BDS. I ordered a new spark elcetrode from you. (Top burner ignitor Whirlpool 74009336 Top Burner Igniter - AppliancePartsPros.com)
So far so good. Unfortunately, the screws holding down the burner assembly were rusted in place--"welded in place" by rust. Despite high quality loosening oil applied and long sitting time, I had to cut off heads to remove burner assembly. I still cannot get screws removed by turning on remaining post of screw with vise grips. I will try drilling out and using left handed drill bit but I think will need to buy new holder orf as well. (Part Number: AP5668984) as I do not think I will be able to remove screws remnants. I also will need a new front right burner assembly as the screw that holds the spark electrode to the burner assembly (Part Number: AP4098018) was also unremovable. Ugh.

Unfortunately, the from left burner seems to have the same level of corrosion so what do the 4 screws holding down the left front dual burner go into? If if have to cut off those screw heads to get that from left burner assembly off (so I can pull of the top of the range to fix the right front burner (installing a new burner assembly and new holder orf (Part Number AP5668984) will I be able to install a new receiving part for those 4 screws???
This has turned into a bit of a rabbit hole. Any comments/answers?
Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.