Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ahardb0dy  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 12:04:28 PM(UTC)
ahardb0dy

Groups: Registered

When using oven on bake, sometimes the bake element will shut off and broil element will come on, this occurs after pre heating ( where broil element will be on to bring temp up to desired temp setting).

Sometimes oven will display a code other times it won't. I believe the control board needs to be replaced as I have tested the temp. probe a few times and everytime it tests fine, using my multimeter and the specs that are printed on the paper schematic.

Sometimes I can unplug the oven and let it sit for a few than it works fine again, other times I have unplugged the control board and let it sit, re-connected the plug and than it will work again.

It seems after having this problem and I do the above it will work fine for a month or longer until the same problem occurs.

I know I probably need a new control board and plan on ordering one from you soon, but wanted to ask a question.

Question is, if the temp sensor is bad or has an intermittent problem, could it cause the broil element to come on when the oven is set on bake?

Thank You.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.