Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DEWilliams  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 25, 2014 6:57:48 AM(UTC)
DEWilliams

Groups: Registered

Christmas morning, 2014... I'm guessing most people who come to this site to get or give help aren't around today, but here goes...

For awhile we've had issues with our Whirlpool Polara range, and yet my wife can't seem to live without it. Except, now there's another major issue.
My wife is a teacher, and to her this range is practically her best friend.
Well, next to her cat, and me. In that order, I'm afraid!

We've had to replace the main control board and I think the touch-control pad (membrane switch?) before, and also the hinges. Twice on the hinges.

The last time the hinges were replaced, I'm pretty confident that the wrong ones were put in by the service company. The door has never closed properly ever since, and the bottom is in too tight while the top of the door never completely shuts. We've been relegated to using strapping tape to hold the oven door shut ever since. The LED screen fades out to dim whenever the oven is used, and now we have an E0 F3 sensor code error.

I'm pretty certain that this is all inter-related.

I've talked with parts places, and there seems to be no replacements for the circuit board and also the membrane switch.

Does anyone know the answers to the following questions? :

1. Is there any way to verify if the hinges installed were the correct ones, by measurement or some other means?

2. Being fairly certain that these hinges are wrong, is there a real set of the correct hinges still out there to purchase, or are the parts listed by Whirlpool a close approximation to the originals, which are no longer made?

3. Is there a service out there that can rebuild the circuit board and/or membrane switch, or that will do one-off re-creations of boards?

4. I guess that also means needing the actual schematic / programming codes for IC chips etc as well... does Whirlpool make any of that technology/info available to customers, or have they completely dropped support for this product?

5. Are there sensors available to replace whatever is bad, or is this more than likely the board not being able to get the signal from the sensor?

And I guess lastly -

6. Is there another product anywhere on the market that does the same thing that this range does, as far as having a built-in fridge and range combination?

Any help would be sincerely appreciated...

Thank you,

Don W.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.