Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sKiZo  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2014 12:49:39 PM(UTC)
sKiZo

Groups: Registered

Getting the jet engine, whooshing thing out of the oven when it's been running for a while. While it's whoosing, the burner is lit and firing properly, and a tap on the regulator usually fixes it ... till the next time.

I understand that the whoosh is common with LPG, but it is annoying, so I figure to replace the regulator and keep my fingers crossed.

Problem being ... it's no longer available. Kenmore part is #324529. That's a Maxitrol RV47CL rated at NAT6" LPG 10". According to Maxitrol, they're available in 4,5, or 6 rating for natural gas, and 10 or 11 for propane, and all have the same part number. Also, the "C" in the part number denotes that the regulator is convertible for either gas type.

So. My only options are to junk the range (not gonna happen if I can help it) or go generic. Maxitrol does have a RV47L (which is strictly for LPG use) that looks to be identical and has a range of 8"-12" inches. Assuming it's "tuned" to the center of the range at the factory, sounds like a good option?

Or ... better ideas?

PS ... I played with the air gate on the oven burner - no change. I also tried adjusting the air gap between the burner and orifice ... no change. Also can attest that the burner is spiffy clean inside and out with all the holes checked for obstructions. The whooshing only happens when the oven's been running for a while and hot, and only when cycling on, and I do get good flame immediately.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.