Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
watson524  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2014 5:47:35 AM(UTC)
watson524

Groups: Registered

Hi all,

My mom has a 30" wall oven, GE. For whatever reason, it's not showing any kind of error codes and the modes work fine (i.e. convection, bake, broil, etc) but you can't punch numbers in to set the temp. Or you can but it's hunt and peck. 1 & 7 take it up by 5deg and 2 and 0 take it down by 5 and since this started about 10 months ago (mom had health problems and this was the least of my concerns since we could figure it out, just a pain to set the temp). We've powered it down via the breaker and back up and no change. Once I'm pretty sure different numbers made it go up and down but now it's back to 1/7 and 0/2.

I have the service sheet from the inside and did the key panel test for the functions but on the number pad test it says if some work and some don't, the problem is probably the key panel. Wants me to do an ohm test but I can't figure out where to stick the multimeter to do that.

But it seems odd like the key pad is somehow in a different mode to just do up and down by 5s.

My house is having renovations done so I'm cooking Thanksgiving up at mom's and would like to get this sorted. Hopefully something I can fix/replace myself?

thanks in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.