Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
regulator  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2014 7:05:24 AM(UTC)
regulator

Groups: Registered

Frigidaire gas range FGF337AUA converted to propane gas.Noticed recently gas smell and found gas leaking through vent orifice in regulator 316091706 breather. Replaced twice by brand new OEM Electrolux(invenys controls) from different vendors,both of them leaking.Verified by electronic leak detector and detection solution.Is it normal for some gas to escape or recent parts are defective?(Cup on regulator was put on lp position and input pressure 10 in w.c.), may I plug that vent or try Y-68506-AF27 made by Robertshaw Uni-line.Thank you in advance for your response.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

regulator  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2014 6:05:49 AM(UTC)
regulator

Did anybody put quality sniffer against vent regulator,specifically propane users?
Took apart old regulator and found tiny hole in diaphragm, it did not have any sealant or "O" ring lub in diaphragm grove.
regulator2  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2016 8:37:57 PM(UTC)
regulator2

I am having the EXACT same issue. I have gone through 3 regulators (presumably the same ones as you, the Electrolux 316091706. Verified by propane sniffer.

I have had 3 appliance techs and now a gas plumber take a look at the situation. They have replaced the regulator 2 times, once from sears OEM part, and once from this site OEM part. The original regulator from the range (purchased 9 years ago) as well as both brand new factory parts all leak in the same manner. It does not show up with soapy water, just with the sniffer(s) we have used.

It still shows up as leaking from the plastic cap. There is definitely a pinhole in each regulator. The gas plumber held them up to the light and it is easily visible. The LP gas is leaking from this area.

All we can surmise is either this part is defective from the factory (so they all are defective) or that it is meant to vent small amounts of LP gas.

If anyone has any feedback about this or experience, please let me know. We are stumped and I am trying to ignore the issue, though I do feel uneasy knowing there is an (albeit small) amount of propane sitting under my range at all times.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply