Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sokoloff  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2014 8:56:04 AM(UTC)
sokoloff

Groups: Registered

Took the left front burner apart to give it a good cleaning. After putting it back together I now have the igniter clicking on both of the front burners when the left front one is on. When the right front one is on, as well as the two back ones, everything is fine. It's pretty obvious that my messing with the left front one caused the issue. As a side note the threaded nut that holds the burner base in place will not tighten because of stripped threads.

Any ideas what the issue might be? My first thought is that maybe there is moisture in the igniter because of my cleaning it up. Second thought is that maybe the stripped threads not allowing the base to be secured is the issue. Any suggestions appreciated.

Len
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sokoloff  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 6:05:22 PM(UTC)
sokoloff

Groups: Registered

After some further research it appears that I need to order a new holder with orifice and a new threaded nut to secure things in place. I ordered these same parts about five years ago and found that once I reassembled everything, I had big yellow flames coming out of the burners. Turns out the burner tube had to also be replaced. It appeared to me that the ferrule that attaches the burner tube was a one time use item. Am I correct in that assumption? I'd sure like to order all the right parts the first time and fix everything at once.

Thanks.

Len
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply