Discuss

oven temp

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

I set the temp to 350 and press start. After an hour the tempo has only reached 145. If I

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » oven temp

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2014, 12:15 PM

rondegenaro is on a distinguished road
Default oven temp
Brand: Kenmore   Age: More than 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I set the temp to 350 and press start. After an hour the tempo has only reached 145. If I change to broil I can get the temp up to 350 and then change to bake. Is the bottom element bad and needs replacing or is there a problem with the temp gauge?

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 07-09-2014, 01:36 PM

ebo2112 is on a distinguished road

I would access the bottom element, disconect it and test with ohm-meter (multi-meter).
You are hoping for zero (or very low) resistance across the contacts you just unplugged - resistance is measured in ohms (greek letter omega).
If resistance is very high or infinite , the element is burnt out.
Seems the logical place to start.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:38 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

denman is a name known to all

Does the unit stay in preheat?
If yes then odds are that the oven sensor is OK.
If the unit shows it is ready then it is probably a control problem.

A model number would be helpful.

If you check the bake (lower) element be sure to unplug the unit when doing this.
Many units have one side of the element always hooked to power so they must be unplugged or the breakers shut off.
Unplugging is the safer of the two.