Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Odos270  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 4:04:32 PM(UTC)
Odos270

Groups: Registered

Frigidaire fef352ase free standing electric range

I'm posting this for a senior friend of mine. She's had this stove for a number of years. She got it through SNAP and it was supplied by a local appliance store. It's a free standing range with electronic controls for the oven.

From day one the oven would not bake correctly. The stove has been calibrated and the upper element has been replaced (new, not used, her son did that). To no avail. The repair guy told her to bake on a higher temp. Instead of 325 set the temp to 335. Doesn't work.

When she bakes a turkey, it gets done but won't brown unless she turns it to broil. When she bakes cookies, they get brown on the bottom but are not cooked on the top. Pie crusts turn into the consistency of cardboard. A frozen pizza cooks on the bottom but it won't melt the cheese on top of the pizza. Cakes don't turn out the way they should.

As I said, the broiler option works. So, according to that, the upper element works. Will broil, just won't bake.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 3:39:01 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Frigidaire FEF352ASE Range - AppliancePartsPros.com

You did not say so does the bottom (bake element) work?

If yes then odds are high that it is a control board (item 20 in section 03) problem.

During a bake cycle the unit actually switches back and forth between the bake and broil elements. This gives an even temperature profile in the oven and also helps brown the food. It sounds like it is not doing this.

If you decide to replace the control you may also need a new overlay (item 20A). They are usually peel and stick and often get ruined when trying to remove them. Sometimes heating them up with a hair dryer will help get them off in decent shape.

I am assuming that the ovens temperature has been checked and that it is OK.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Odos270  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 4:03:56 PM(UTC)
Odos270

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. Yes the bottom element works. She told me that when the repairman came and checked the stove, he had multiple testers. The oven does heat up to the temp set. As I said, it seems to cook on the bottom but not the top.

Thanks.
denman  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 4:32:12 PM(UTC)
denman

Take a look at it when it is baking.
It should switch betwewen the bake and broil elements.

If the broil element is not coming on then it is the problem.
Note that just because it comes on in broil mode does not mean that it is coming on when the stove is in bake as the control board must program when it comes on.
Odos270  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 3, 2014 2:54:25 PM(UTC)
Odos270

Thanks denman. When I was over there the other day, I turned the oven on with the door open and could see that the lower element worked fine. The upper one stayed cold. The upper one does work on broil.

So, I figure it's the control board. She can't afford the cost of a new one, so we'll try to find her a used one that works.

Thanks again.
jstubbs  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 12:49:58 PM(UTC)
jstubbs

I recently purchased a new Kitchen Aide Gas Stovetop Dual Electric Oven and the oven is cooking the top of the food but burning the bottom (Biscuits, cinnamon rolls etc.) The temperature is set to the recommended degree per the food item?:mad:
denman  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 2:11:43 AM(UTC)
denman

jstubbs

It would be best if you start your own post using Post New Topic as your unit is very different from the one in this thread.

Be sure to include a model number.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply