Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Angela0031  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 1, 2014 7:23:06 AM(UTC)
Angela0031

Groups: Registered

I would appreciate any advice on how to best access the fan assembly behind the control panel.

Our GE convection oven (model zet938sf6ss) always shuts down during the self cleaning process and the fan makes behind the control panel makes a horrible buzzing sound. We had it "repaired" by GE twice while it was still under warranty and eventually the technician told us to just never use the self cleaning option.

Well, now the fan comes on and makes the horrid buzzing even when we do regular cooking. I have stopped using the oven but want to get into the area where the fan is located to see what is actually broken so I can order the correct parts.

I need help figuring out the best way to access the fan. I'm sure I have to take the oven out of the wall, but I am asking because when we had a leaky dishwasher, we made some mistakes taking it out and ended up damaging 3 parts in the process. So we bought 3 instead of 1 to fix the original leak.

Any seasoned pros that have tips on getting to the fan? I believe our problem is part #32 or some part of part #32 in this diagram 01-Control Panel parts for GE ZET938SF6SS - AppliancePartsPros.com

Thank you in advance! :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.