Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Wpg1965  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:47:47 AM(UTC)
Wpg1965

Groups: Registered

What is the size of the R1 resistor in a Electrolux 3164627 Control Board found in a Frigidaire electric range. Mine is burnt and I can't see the color bars. Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

blansing  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2015 4:05:35 AM(UTC)
blansing

Hello there.

My oven Bake Element stopped working. Broil works and temperature sensor works, but it will not heat lower bake element.

Did you ever find out the rating on this resistor?

Or what else did you find out? (or did you just replace the whole board?).

Thanks!
Torvex  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2015 3:01:22 PM(UTC)
Torvex

Originally Posted by: Wpg1965 Go to Quoted Post
What is the size of the R1 resistor in a Electrolux 3164627 Control Board found in a Frigidaire electric range. Mine is burnt and I can't see the color bars. Thank you.

R1 may be 220ohms.
Bandito  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2015 1:53:31 PM(UTC)
Bandito

I also have R1 burnt out. Symptoms are oven does not heat up to proper temperature, maxes out at 225 or so, everything else seems OK.

Someone mentioned that this was a red herring, but did not elaborate on what is really wrong and why it caused R1 to fry.

If anyone with expertise could shed more light on this, on what is really going wrong and why that fries R1, I'm sure many would appreciate it, not only me.

Thank you in advance,

Mike
niallp  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2017 10:57:15 AM(UTC)
niallp

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
A somewhat old thread but looks as though I'm not alone in having a fried R1.

In my case it burned off so completely there was only a puddle of copper, didn't recognize it as a resistor at all and thought it was just a jumper but tracing the tracks that didn't fit ... eventually found a picture online which showed it to be a 221 ohm 1% resistor.

However that still didn't make much sense as it is rated no more than 1/4 W and yet the current that could flow in it would be ~ 0.5 A (line to neutral) ... no surprise I found a puddle !

At any rate, as someone else noted, this resistor doesn't seem to have any real function unless intended as a fuse. Once blown and any other damage on the PCB is repaired (one contact on my relay had lost solder due to overcurrent), the oven works OK ... I decided to put a higher value in (220k) in case the intent was that the L2 end of the broiler/bake elements wasn't supposed to be left floating but that really won't give any protection (ESD maybe ? ;-)

Would love to hear from the designer why they thought a 221 ohm was a good idea there ... if it was dead short then the oven elements could be operated in quarter power mode from L1 to neutral, but the PCB traces are pretty light for the 9 A they would draw. Anyone else have any ideas ?
BlackRibber  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2017 11:04:03 AM(UTC)
BlackRibber

NiallP

Have you resolved your issue. I have the same burnt R1. The only thing I can think of that would keep a 220/ .5w ohm from burning out there would be if that relay energized as soon as the power was applied and stayed energized. I have found that K5, the BAKE secondary relay, in mine is not making when activated. My main problem was run-away temperature. Maybe this is a result of the problem rather than the cause.
niallp  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2017 6:57:06 PM(UTC)
niallp

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I haven't had any further issues since replacing it with a 220k but can't be sure I have kept it as safe as possible ... as far as I can tell, the resistor is only fried in the fault condition that only one of the relays activates. From the sound of it, your failed relay might have caused the resistor failure. I expect if you replace the relay and leave the resistor out you'll get it working, unless there is something else broken.
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2021 3:01:26 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
From my experience it is pyrotechnic to let the customer know something is amiss. What is amiss is a failed relay which will cause a runaway temperature
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply